Re: Stabs Register Numbering Convention

   From: Mike_Sorensen@arium.com
   Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 15:09:50 -0800

   Stabs uses a number mapping to registers to indicate parameters passed in
   registers.  Where can I find this mapping?  I assume it is in a .h file
   hidden somewhere.

Is this the question you are asking: given the register number which
appears in a stabs string, to which processor register does it refer?

Precisely where to find that mapping depends upon the processor you
are using.  Look in the gdb sources.  for a particular processor, see
whether STAB_REG_TO_REGNUM is defined.  That maps stabs register
numbers to gdb register numbers, though for most processors they are
the same.  To map gdb register numbers to human readable names, look
at REGISTER_NAMES for the particular processor.

If you are asking some other question, what question are you asking?

Ian