Re: Strange DLL linking problem (Windows)

On Fri, 24 Nov 2000, Reuben Thomas wrote:

> I've looked at the binutils source, but can't work out where the DLL names
> are written into the executable, and hence, how the ordering is decided.

I'm not aware of anything in the generic linker that would cause the
problem you describe, but there's some weird code in ld/emultemp/pe.em
that I don't fully understand.  You may strike pay-dirt if you poke around
there.

As a general note, you are more likely to get a useful response to bug
reports if you can provide a small self-contained testcase.

Regards, Alan Modra
--
Linuxcare.  Support for the Revolution.