Re: A patch for default version and archive

On Tue, Nov 14, 2000 at 12:01:24PM -0800, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
> 	(elf_frob_symbol): Check for external default versions.
>
> I think it is clear that it was intentional on Eric's part.

I agree.

As I have said before, there are 2 separate issues here. My binutils
patch just closes a hole in the current as/ld, which happens to be
discovered by my glibc proposal. Ulrich doesn't like my glibc proposal.
It is normal to have disagreements. But it doesn't mean my binutils
patch is bad. We can discuss pros and cons about my glibc proposal on
the glibc mailing list. I think we should leave it out of the binutils
discussion.

--
H.J. Lu (hjl@valinux.com)