Re: A patch for default version and archive

"H . J . Lu" <hjl@valinux.com> writes:

> Ulrich, so far you have failed to provide a testcase to show the
> problem with references to foo@ver1 and defintions of foo@@ver1 in
> an archive. If you cann't, what you have said is just heresy.

The test case I provided works if you just adjust the syntax.  I have
no tolchain which is crippled with the necessary support.  Just fill
in the blanks in the way I described.

> I have testcases to back up what I said.

You make a proof based on a wrong assumption.  The whole concept is
broken and wrong.  You cannot use it as an argument.

> But it is better than other alternatives.

Crap.  It's completely destroying the whole model.