Re: Problem with bfd/aclocal.m4

Hi H.J.,

: > : configure.in:8: AC_TRY_RUN was called before AC_ISC_POSIX
: > : autoconf: Undefined macros:
: > : ***BUG in Autoconf--please report*** AC_FD_MSG
: > : ***BUG in Autoconf--please report*** AC_FD_CC
: > : .....
: > :
: > : If I do
: > :
: > : # cd bfd
: > : # aclocal
: > : # autoconf
: > :
: > : everything is fine. I was wondering how you regenerated bfd/aclocal.m4.
: > : I am enclosing the one regenerated by my aclocal and yours here. As you
: > : can see, yours has many more stuff which causes the problem for
: > : autoconf.
: >
: > Yikes - you are right I am trying to find out what went wrong! :-(
: >
:
: I could be wrong. But from bfd/Makefile, you should do
:
: # aclocal
:
: to update aclocal.m4.

Well that should work, but it turns out that the real problem was a
buggy/extraneous .m4 file in my share/aclocal directory.  So this was
being picked up by aclocal and put into the aclocal.m4 file, which was
then processed by autoconf, which resulted in the errors you saw.

Once I had deleted the buggy file and rerun aclocal and autoconf,
everything started working again.  I have checked in the fixed files.

Sorry about this. *sigh*