Re: An article about the Cygnus tree

"Russ.Shaw" <russell@webaxs.net> wrote:

> I think there should be a newsgroup for the gnu tools etc, for applications
> involving embedded systems. comp.arch.embedded is more hardware oriented.
> What about a comp.gnu.embedded for all questions on installation, development,
> use, and abuse of gnu/cygnus/open-source tools for embedded systems?

How is the crossgcc mailing list not enough for you for this purpose? That's
exactly what it's for.

But what my article calls for is quite different. Here I'm concerned mostly
with the *core developers*. I'm calling for the /cvs/src and /cvs/gcc repos on
Sourceware to be merged and for creating a home for the Cygnus tree concerned
with its core development and maintenance, rather than "abuse" you are talking
about.

--
Michael Sokolov		Harhan Engineering Laboratory
Public Service Agent	International Free Computing Task Force

Phone: +1-214-824-7693 (Harhan Eng Lab office)
E-mail: msokolov@ivan.Harhan.ORG (ARPA TCP/SMTP) (UUCP coming soon)