This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: $(build_tooldir)/lib (was Re: http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2000-05/msg01104.html)
- To: Jim Wilson <wilson at cygnus dot com>
- Subject: Re: $(build_tooldir)/lib (was Re: http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2000-05/msg01104.html)
- From: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- Date: 21 Jul 2000 18:01:51 -0700
- Cc: Geoff Keating <geoffk at cygnus dot com>, hjl at lucon dot org, aoliva at cygnus dot com, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, binutils at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- References: <200007220041.RAA21782@wilson.cygnus.com>
>>>>> Jim Wilson <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> On the other hand, if we do have the -B/-L/-I options, then we don't
> need the stuff in the stmp-fixinc rule anymore, and you don't have to
> worry about ordering problems, so that may make the Makefile
> dependencies simpler.
I think that would be my preference; creating stuff in $(prefix) as part of
the build seems pretty ugly to me.