This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: $(build_tooldir)/lib (was Re: http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2000-05/msg01104.html)
- To: Jim Wilson <wilson at cygnus dot com>
- Subject: Re: $(build_tooldir)/lib (was Re: http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2000-05/msg01104.html)
- From: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- Date: 21 Jul 2000 17:15:03 -0700
- Cc: Geoff Keating <geoffk at cygnus dot com>, hjl at lucon dot org, aoliva at cygnus dot com, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, binutils at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- References: <200007212228.PAA21592@wilson.cygnus.com>
>>>>> Jim Wilson <email@example.com> writes:
> Looking at H.J. messages, he says this doesn't work because tooldir is
> really $prefix/lib/gcc-lib/$target/$version/../../../../$target/lib
> and $prefix/lib/gcc-lib/$target/$version doesn't exist at build time.
> But it does. We deliberately create it so that $tooldir/lib and
> $tooldir/sys-include will work. See the code in the stmp-fixinc rule in the
Hmm. Then why did we need build_tooldir in the first place? Alexandre?