Re: $(build_tooldir)/lib (was Re: http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2000-05/msg01104.html)

 > There are certainly differences in the build process.  HJ doesn't like
 > to use the --with-headers= and --with-libs= options that we recommend.

I don't see how those options would help; as far as I can tell, all they do
is copy the headers and libs from the specified locations into $(tooldir)
and suppress newlib.  They don't seem to affect at all how the headers and
libs are found.

When you build an ia64 toolchain, where does your crt0.o live?  How does
the compiler find it?

Jason