Re: What won't this objcopy split work?

Hi Russel,

: I'm producing code for a 16-bit h8/300h cpu, and want to
: generate an srec file for all the even bytes, and an srec
: file for all the odd bytes, using objcopy:
:
: h8300-hms-objcopy --output-target=srec --interleave=2
:                           --byte=1 flash.coff flodd.srec
:
: However, it responds with flodd.srec: illegal operation
:
: What can be wrong?

I am not sure.  I was able to run the same command (admittedly with a
different input file) on my test machine and it gave me no problems.
Also when I searched through the sources I could not find the 'illegal
operation' error message anywhere!

I suspect that you may a different set of sources from the ones that I
am using.  Perhaps you could try downloading the latest sources from
the CVS repository and building a new version of objcopy from them ?

The sources can be found at:

  http://sources.redhat.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/src/?cvsroot=src