gprof: bb counts

Hi *

I have an application which generates counts (not necessarily
execution) against EIPs. Now I can export this data in gprof format.

The manual *seems* to imply that if I use an address that isn't
the start of a basic block, then gprof will find which basic block it is
in and use that as a count.

So I can produce some number of different addresses within a basic
block, each with a different count.

When these are execution counts, is gprof clever enough to collate these
and provide accurate execution counts against each instruction ?

I would very much like to avoid fiddling with basic blocks myself

thanks
john

--
"I don't have any solution but I certainly admire the problem."
	- Ashleigh Brilliant