This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: binutils-20000625 ld.exe --shared broken
- To: nickc at cygnus dot com
- Subject: Re: binutils-20000625 ld.exe --shared broken
- From: DJ Delorie <dj at delorie dot com>
- Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 13:31:00 -0400
- CC: cwilson at ece dot gatech dot edu, binutils at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- References: <200007071716.KAA17515@elmo.cygnus.com>
> I agree with DJ, although I must confess I had to read the explanation
> and look through the code a couple of times before understanding what
> is going on.
I wish I had understood it after just a *couple* of reads. It took me
a lot longer than that to figure out why pe-dll was having such a hard
time of it, until Ian clued me in that BFD_IN_MEMORY was an old hack
and unlikely to still work right.
I'll work up a comment for that part of the code, though.