Re: DWARF2 info not being generated correctly for PPC targets?

> Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 11:33:28 -0700
> From: Thomas de Lellis <tdel@windriver.com>
> CC: igor@mail.wrs.com
>
> Greetings list!
>
> We've noticed something a bit odd with dwarf2 debugging info on the PPC
> (only) which seems to be related to the use of RELA relocations...
>
> Not sure I quite understand this, but apprently with RELA relocations
> offsets are stored in relocation addends and not placed into the object
> code itself (as with REL).

Yes.  This saves us from the problems that you have on MIPS where
there isn't room to store the addends.

> The dwarf debug info looks normal when you examine a single PPC .o file.
>
> What happens though is when you partially link more than one PPC .o
> file, dwarf offsets are still zero.

Yes, this is because .o files are intermediate files.  When you link
them into a final executable the relocations will be resolved and you
will get the correct values.

--
- Geoffrey Keating <geoffk@cygnus.com>