GNU licence for GCC and binutils

hello

I hope this is the correct place to post this..

I have read some of the GNU licence and I believe that if a company or
an individual uses the GCC compiler or binutils and then supply's the
binaries to anyone they also have to supply the source code.

SN Systems (www.snsys.com) have set up the GCC compiler and binutils for
the MIPS r5900 Playstation 2 system. (click PS2 then you can see the
downloads)

They have made the source to there modified GCC available on there site
but have not made available the source to the binutils, I have emailed
them (Alex Rice, alex@snsys.com and support@snsys.com) they first said
that they did not have to but now they have just stopped replying to
emails.

If I am correct and they have to supply the source to the binaries that
they have made available on their web site could some one a bit high up
in the gnu.org possibly email them asking them to post the source? Any
help greatly appreciated.

regards

now3d