Re: mips wince binutils

> ./configure mips-idt-pe

"mips-pe" is more likely to work.  What's the "idt" for?

> it has linking errors for symbols like bfd_pei.....

You'll have to be a lot more specific, but note that PE in general has
been in a state of turmoil lately, with new stuff going in and people
working on keeping old stuff working during the transition.  Sounds
like you're in a good position to become one of those people ;-)

> also, for what i'm working on i'll probably need to use the
> microsoft wince linker. will modules produced by this gas be
> compatable?

The GNU linker should work just fine.  Or, at least, as fine as the
other binutils :-)

As for compatibility, I suspect that gas will include features that
MS's linker may not like, like extended relocs and C++ support
features.  It might happen to work anyway.  The only way to know is to
try.