Re: change for configuring on FreeBSD

On Sun, May 14, 2000 at 08:01:53PM +0100, Philip Blundell wrote:
> >Given the IA-64 stuff, which isn't in gdb-5.0 / binutils-2.10, there is
> >a strong incentive to do the follow-on release.
>
> Yes; there is definitely an intention to make another release of binutils in
> the fairly near future.  It was never planned for there to be such a large gap
> between 2.9 and 2.10.

I don't know if it matters or not since I am not planning to use 2.10.
There are many changes in the main trunk which are required for Linux.

2000-05-03  Martin v. Löwis  <loewis@informatik.hu-berlin.de>

        * elflink.h (elf_link_add_object_symbols): Reset dynindx for
        hidden and internal symbols.
        (elf_fix_symbol_flags): Clear NEEDS_PLT for symbols with
        visibility.
        * elflink.c (_bfd_elf_link_record_dynamic_symbol): Do not
        assign a PLT or GOT entry to symbols with hidden and
        internal visibility.

is one of them. Without it, gcc 3.0 may not work correctly. I am not
sure what else are mandatory for Linux since I include all of them.
But I cannot recommend them to everyone, given that I only test them
under Linux.

H.J.