Re: gprof won't build with cc on DU4

   From: Alexandre Oliva <aoliva@cygnus.com>
   Date: 05 Apr 2000 17:20:07 -0300

   On Apr  5, 2000, Ian Lance Taylor <ian@zembu.com> wrote:

   >    From: Alexandre Oliva <aoliva@cygnus.com>

   >    The problem is that it returns the argument enclosed in parentheses:

   > The N_ macro is defined in gprof.h.  Change it.

   The problem is that the very instance of the macro that is used on DU
   is the one that calls gettext_noop, without any enclosing parentheses.
   But gettext_noop does enclose its argument in parentheses.
   gettext_noop is defined in intl/libintl.h, and I'm not sure I should
   ``fix'' it too.  Can't we just remove the N_ call from gprof.c?

Yes, that is fine with me too.

Ian