Re: binutils patch posting policy

Geoff Keating wrote:

> > Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 03:34:00 +0000
> > From: Jonathan Larmour <jlarmour@redhat.co.uk>
>
> > I noticed that some people have been checking in patches to binutils without
> > posting the patches to the list. I don't know whether the patches had been
> > approved in private or not.
>
> They may have been posted to the list many months ago, and approved
> subsequently.

Not in the case I'm thinking of in which something changed which I had also
changed recently. There was nothing wrong with the change - I was just
surprised it hadn't been posted on the list. But Ian says this is normal for
the port maintainer (which he is). So I suppose that has to be fair enough,
even if means you can't really see what's going on in binutils (until you
read binutils-cvs anyway).

Jifl