[jluu@mainsoft.com: Re: Possible linker problem]

I know the problem. As I said, it is a combination of C++, -Bsymbolic
and ia32 ABI. We cannot change ia32 ABI. It will be hard to change
C++. The only feasible thing is -Bsymbolic. Ian, we can change
ld such that

1. Don't apply -Bsymbolic to any data objects which are generated
by compiler, like any symbols started with "__". Or
2. Use can provided a list of symbols which we don't do -Bsymbolic on.

I like #1 and we can have a switch to turn it on and off.

H.J.

I have reduced the problem to something more convincing, look at the
attachment.

Now it is pretty clean that there is an extra symbol defined in the main
(different address, different value), where what was meant was a reference
to a symbol in the shared library.

Regards
Jose