install bug in top-level Makefile.in

Hi guys,
When using 'make install' with DJGPP, I ran into some unexpected problems. It seems
that the top level Makefile is hard-coded to use 'install-sh'. This doesn't work
with DJGPP. Instead I had override it using "make install INSTALL='ginstall -c'".

The top-level Makefile.in has this:
INSTALL = $(SHELL) $$s/install-sh -c

but what it needs to do is the equivalent of:
INSTALL=@INSTALL@

but the configure doesn't seem to be generated by Autoconf, so I don't know what
exact changes need to be made.

Mark