Re: GNU linker and Function stubs on mips.

   Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 17:05:31 -0700
   From: Koundinya K <knk@dde.dk>

   Thanks again. These pointers help me a lot. Could the need_fn_stub boolean
   varaible of the the struct mips_elf_link_hash_entry be used as a flag. After
   all the comment for this flag indicates this can be used ??

I think you need to introduce a new flag.  need_fn_stub is for linking
MIPS16 code.  Your proposed changes will break the MIPS16 code.

The comment is precise: need_fn_stub is set to true if the symbol
appears in any relocation other than a 16 bit call.  This specifically
includes a 32 bit call, as well as any other 32 bit relocation.

   What are your views on these changes ?. Are these O.K ?. Do they need to be
   done in the non IRIX compat mode ??. Elese do I need to make any other changes
   ?. For generation of shared libs, do you see any changes required w.r.t this
   ??

I don't know about the Irix issues.  Mark?

Ian