Re: confusing comment for partial_inplace

   Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 18:06:03 -0800
   From: Doug Evans <dje@transmeta.com>

   bfd-in2.h has this:

	   /* When performing a partial link, some formats must modify the
	     relocations rather than the data - this flag signals this.*/
     boolean partial_inplace;

   What is "inplace" refering to?
   When I read the phrase "partial_inplace" it says to me "in the
   section".  However, when I read the comment it says "in the relocs".

   Which is it???

The comment is confusing because it does not explain what the true and
false values mean; it only explains what the flag refers to.  Complain
to sac.

If partial_inplace is true, the addend is stored in the section.  If
partial_inplace is false, the addend is stored in the reloc entry.

Ian