GNU linker and gcc on IRIX6.x

Hi all,
    Has anyone succeeded in building one of the recent egcs snapshots on
IRIX6.x using the GNU linker. The current egcs snapshots have the
provision of using the GNU linker. I am using IRIX6.4. I could get the
binutils snapshot compile easily. But when the resulting linker is used
for the later part of the egcs compilation, the linker dumps core
citing segmentation violation while trying to link some ............(
Sorry I just removed the buildlog )
. I have tried two other egcs snapshots too, but the problem remains the
same.

But things work if the SGI ld is used.  No surprises there !!. So I
would suspect that this could be a problem with the GNU linker. I am
under the impression that the GNU linker is now well supported on
IRIX6.x.

Anyone ??

Thanks in advance for any help or info.

With best regards