Re: Patch for gas (mri mode).

   Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 13:41:55 -0400
   From: Vladimir Makarov <vmakarov@tootie.to.cygnus.com>

   The following patch is relative to net binutils repository.  Please,
   approve it or not.  Without the patch, the assembler code likes the
   following results in assembler crash because in MRI mode the assembler
   does not define NARG, but in non-MRI mode the assembler expects that
   NARG is defined.

That's backward: NARG is defined and expected to exist in MRI mode.

If we think that a macro defined in MRI mode should operate as an
MRI-style macro, then quite a few more instances of macro_mri need to
change.  In fact, we probably need to push and pop the global variable
flag_mri during the macro expansion.

If we just want to fix the particular problem at hand, I think it
would be clearer to simply check the result of hash_find for NULL,
rather than consider a macro to be in MRI mode or not.

Ian