Re: Partial linking only for some symbols? Now?

   Date: 16 Sep 99 14:35:13 +0100
   From: "Rask Ingemann Lambertsen" <rask@kampsax.k-net.dk>

      I'm trying to improve the use of binutils, particularily the linker, on
   Amiga PowerUp systems. This is PowerPC system using ELF object files and
   the SYSV.4 ABI.

The SYSV.4 ABI normally implies using shared libraries and a dynamic
linker.

      What I'm looking for is a way of using -r, but get ld to complain about
   unresolved references that don't refer to a specified set of symbols (which
   in this case are the system calls). Reading the manual didn't give me clues
   as to how this can be done (although I won't claim that I understood the
   description of all the options). Is it possible to do without modifying ld?

I can't think of any way to do this without modifying ld.

I imagine that it would be pretty simple to twist the cross reference
generation code in ld/ldcref.c into doing a test of this sort.

Ian