Re: Patch to readelf...

Hi Scott,

: I decided to submit this stuff in stages.  I have cleaned up the patch,
: and removed all of the ARM Linux specific stuff.  The code now simply
: parses the NOTE segment and lists the type of notes it finds.
: Please have a look at this an let me know if anything else needs
: changing.

Great Scott!

  (Sorry I just had to say that once)

Anyway this patch looks much more reasonable.  A couple of minor
niggles which wouldn't stop the patch from being accepted, but which
it would be nice to see fixed:

  * Comments ought to be like mini-sentances.  So they ought to start
    with a capital letter and end with a period followed by two
    spaces.

  * Your code still ignores the return values of the functions it
    calls.  Why go to the effort of returning a value if it is not
    used ?

  * You do not include any prototypes for the new functions.  It would
    be nice to see the new functions prototyped just like all the
    other functions in readelf.