Re: The old libiberty/cplus-dem.c?

   Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 13:57:47 -0600
   From: Jeffrey A Law <law@cygnus.com>

     > Perhaps we should make a practice of importing the binutils libiberty
     > directory from the gcc one.
   One of the other approaches would be to have a unified CVS repository across
   the projects -- I've been kicking the idea around with the gdb folks recently
   to get their initial impressions of the idea.

   Any thoughts Ian?

I have no problem with that.  It works at Cygnus, and it ought to work
on sourceware.

I think we should talk about who has control over the shared parts of
the tree.  For gcc and binutils, or gcc and gdb, I think that is just
the top level configury stuff and libiberty.  For binutils and gdb, it
is also the bfd, opcodes, and include directories.

I suppose we'd have to be that much more careful about who got write
access, since anybody with write access to any part of the tree would
be able to get write access to the whole tree.  However, this is
probably not a major concern.

Ian