Re: DJGPP and alignment

> Or it would if .ctors and .dtors were not specially handled in
> coff_new_section_hook in coffcode.h.  So you're OK on constructors and
> destructors if you do indeed use the section names .ctors and .dtors.

Ouch, we don't. Our linker script has .ctor and .dtor (yep, no 's'). I just
checked out DJGPP's config files from cvs and sure enough it's .ctor
and .dtor that are emitted. I suppose either a test for .ctor and .dtor
would have to be added in the COFF new section hook, or gcc can be
changed for 3.0 to emit .ctors and .dtors and then fixup the linker script
so either would work.

At any rate, I'd like to hear from the DJGPP folks before deciding
whether or not to proceed with the patch given the conflict.

Mark

---
Mark Elbrecht, snowball3@bigfoot.com
http://snowball.frogspace.net/