Re: Variable page size for ELF

>    Date: Sat, 10 Jul 1999 19:24:37 -0700 (PDT)
>    From: hjl@lucon.org (H.J. Lu)
>
>    I got a request to support variable page size for ELF. It turned out
>    not too hard to implement. Is that interesting to anyone? Should I
>    send in my patch which adds "--page-size SIZE" to ld?
>
> It's hard for me to imagine an application for that.  However, if
> there is some reason that it is useful, in a way that can not be
> handled by simply changing the linker script, then I have no objection

The problem is get_elf_backend_data (abfd)->maxpagesize in BFD and
MAXPAGESIZE in linker script. I did

1. Add functions to get/set get_elf_backend_data (abfd)->maxpagesize.
2. Made MAXPAGESIZE in linker script a variable.

Now the ELF linker script has

MAXPAGESIZE != 0 ? MAXPAGESIZE : ${MAXPAGESIZE}

in place of ${MAXPAGESIZE}.

> to such an option.  At first glance it seems like anything you can do
> by changing the page size you can do by changing the linker script,
> using the PHDRS option.

How does PHDRS work?

--
H.J. Lu (hjl@gnu.org)