Re: Patch to recent ELF linker enhancement

   Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 17:09:46 -0800
   From: Nick Clifton <nickc@cygnus.com>

     Below is a patch to my recent change to the ELF linker to cope with
     commons defined in archives.  This patch prevents the linker from
     trying to link in the same archive element twice if it happens to
     contain the definition of a common symbol.

     OK to apply ?

   1999-12-13  Nick Clifton  <nickc@cygnus.com>

	   * elflink.h (elf_link_add_archive_symbols): Do not bother
	   checking for defined commons if the element has already been
	   linked in.

I think this patch will force the linker to read in archive elements
which it does not need to read in.

I also don't understand why it makes any difference.  Why is the
included array not being set correctly in this case?  Why do we even
reach the code that you are changing if the archive element has
already been linked in?  What is the test case?

Ian