"Linkers and Loaders"

   Just picked up a book at Borders, "Linkers and Loaders".  Haven't read
it yet, but it does look promising as a source of information on the
background of linkers/loaders and their relationships with various OS'es
and programming systems.  And there was an Ian Taylor mentioned as having
provided feedback on the manuscript who I'm guessing is Ian Lance Taylor.
   Anyway, just wanted to broadcast this find for anyone else who thinks
information about the various file formats and the models of
linking/loading they support are sparse and completely disparate.
Personally, I'd like to see a page of references for bfd/ld like the gcc
web pages have.  I think this would probably be on there, along with the
specifications papers that systems vendors produce (these are what I'm
referring to as "disparate").

Lynn