Re: ar rejects as-produced object on HP-UX 10.20

On Nov 29, 1999, "H . J . Lu" <hjl@lucon.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 29, 1999 at 01:32:48PM -0700, Jeffrey A Law wrote:
>> It is only a work in progress for the ELF stuff.  The SOM support is rock
>> solid.

>> Disabling the ELF stuff is certainly the right thing to do.

> Alexandre, this is against binutils 2.9.5.0.21. I cannot test it since
> it doesn't support cross compile from my OSes. Let me know if it works
> for you.

Nope, it doesn't; same problem :-(

In fact, I can't find the place in which config.bfd is preprocessed;
is it?  Or the #ifdefs are in place just for documentation?

Unfortunately, I've got very slow guest access to an HP/UX host, so
it's quite hard to debug it.  And, as you wrote, cross-building
doesn't work; som.c is completely `#ifdef'ed away, and som_vec ends up
undefined :-(

--
Alexandre Oliva http://www.ic.unicamp.br/~oliva IC-Unicamp, Bra[sz]il
oliva@{lsd.ic.unicamp.br,guarana.{org,com}} aoliva@{acm,computer}.org