Re: patch for readelf - dumping NOTE sections

Hi Fred,

: + 1999-11-24  Fred Fish  <fnf@cygnus.com>
: +
: + 	* readelf.c (process_note): Change arg from Elf_External_Note
: + 	to Elf32_Internal_Note, which also turns the function body
: + 	into little more than a call to printf.
: + 	(process_corefile_note_segment):  Substantially rewritten
: + 	to properly handle case where target and host are different
: + 	endianness, handle note sections with padding, and add some
: + 	cruft to handle notes with unterminated name data.
: +

Thanks for this patch.  I do however have a few comments:

  * The normal convention is just submit the ChangeLog entry as
    straight text, not a context diff.  This is because ChangeLogs
    change so rapidly that it is often impossible to apply a ChangeLog
    patch automatically.

  * Your patch contained a potential memory leak, in that if the
    malloc of temp failed the code would return without freeing
    pnotes.  I have fixed this.

  * The was also a potential memory corruption bug in that you used
    strcpy() to copy the un-null-terminated name string into temp.
    This could easily extend over the end of the memory allocated for
    temp.  I have fixed this by using strncpy() to copy the name and
    then forcing the last byte of the array to zero.

Apart from that the patch was fine and I have gone ahead and checked
it in.