Re: Allow partial C++ linking with i386/PE

> Date: 29 Oct 1999 12:51:01 -0400
> From: Ian Lance Taylor <ian@zembu.com>
>
>    Date: 29 Oct 1999 16:49:24 -0000
>    From: Andrew Haley <aph@pasanda.cygnus.co.uk>
>
>    This patch was put on the list about a month ago, and it is essential
>    for partial linkage with C++ and i386/PE.
>
>    Please scream if you don't want me to check this in...
>
>    1999-10-06  Andrew Haley  <aph@cygnus.com>
>
> 	   * coffcode.h (coff_write_object_contents): Don't call
> 	   coff_write_symbols if we already have a nonzero
> 	   obj_raw_syment_count.
>
> You can put it in, but please add a comment explaining why checking
> obj_raw_syment_count is correct.

Right.

> I was hesitating to approve it earlier because I hoped to verify for
> myself that it was the right test.  But you might as well go ahead
> if you are sure.

Eehh.  As far as I can tell, if we have a nonzero obj_raw_syment_count
the strings which are the section names will always have been written
anyway.  But can never be sure with BFD...

I'm not an expert in this area.  I you have reservations I'd prefer to
wait until you're more confident before I check it in.

Cheers and Thanks,
Andrew.