This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Archer project.
Re: archer/tromey patches left to merge
- From: Phil Muldoon <pmuldoon at redhat dot com>
- To: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- Cc: archer at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 20:27:00 +0100
- Subject: Re: archer/tromey patches left to merge
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <525BD4EA dot 60907 at redhat dot com> <87siw33ol6 dot fsf at fleche dot redhat dot com>
On 14/10/13 15:37, Tom Tromey wrote:
> Phil> * gdb.cli() command.
Thanks for the reply Tom. Here is my plan, pending other comments.
* Merge caller_is and caller_matches functions.
I will keep them as two separate functions. My first thought was to
achieve the results of both with optional keyword arguments, but
after investigating a little this would probably end up with a
function heavily loaded with conditional keyword arguments. It
removes simplicity and adds complexity, so going with how it stands
now. I will add the option to search the entire stack. I will need
to write tests and documentation for both.
* Merge -P and gdb.cli()
These two patches will be merged as one submission as they seem to
be complimentary in a use-case sense. I will need to write tests
and documentation for both. The -P tests and the gdb.cli() tests
seem to be non-trivial in the GDB test suite.
* Merge ignore_errors command.
Tom provided a case that it is needed. Needs tests and
* Merge in_scope function.
I think this is useful, so I will port it. Needs test and
documentation. (As an aside, I am not sure where we should document
these python only functions. Will discuss.)
* Merge pahole command.
I am not sure how to make this language agnostic, or even how to
make it complimentary with ptype. (We will discuss this more when
the time-slot arrives in my schedule to consider the effort of
That's the order I intend to work on them as time allows. Lastly, I
will delete the defunct code orphans and remove the obsoleted commands
from the branch.