This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Archer project.
Re: tromey/python non-trivial merge notification
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Phil Muldoon <pmuldoon at redhat dot com>
- Cc: archer at sourceware dot org, jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 08:30:22 -0600
- Subject: Re: tromey/python non-trivial merge notification
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <525BBB9C dot 2030006 at redhat dot com>
Phil> Then we thought about using current_interp_command_loop instead. This
Phil> would work fine, but it would be MI incompatible. I could not think
Phil> of a reason why gdb.cli() would be invoked from MI. (It does not make
Phil> a whole lot of sense to do so, but someone might prove me wrong ;) )
The intended use for this feature was to be able to start gdb without a
CLI, using "gdb -P"; then later give the user a CLI if "something happened".
There's no reason to do this kind of thing in MI.