This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Archer project.
Re: Proposal to change branch maintenance
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Project Archer <archer at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 14:27:24 -0700
- Subject: Re: Proposal to change branch maintenance
- References: <email@example.com>
>>>>> "Tom" == Tom Tromey <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
Tom> Third, what about adopting a convention for a "README.archer" file in
Tom> the top-level of each branch? This file would explain the branch's
Tom> purpose and would let us bypass the tedious step of updating the wiki
Tom> whenever pushing a new branch.
I've added this to a couple of my branches.
You can see it in action with
git show origin/archer-tromey-python-checker:README.archer
I'd like everyone to add a file like this to their live branches. Don't
bother with the dead branches, I'm going to zap them all soon. It is
fine with me if you want to wait for the great branch renaming before