This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Archer project.
Re: Proposal to change branch maintenance
- From: Jan Kratochvil <jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com>
- To: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Project Archer <archer at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 13:15:56 +0100
- Subject: Re: Proposal to change branch maintenance
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mon, 11 Feb 2013 22:56:18 +0100, Tom Tromey wrote:
> So, new branches would be like "tromey/project" rather than the current
> I don't propose renaming existing branches.
IMO if there should be a different naming the existing should be renamed,
otherwise it is more complicated/mess than it was.
> Third, what about adopting a convention for a "README.archer" file in
> the top-level of each branch?
That would not work for merges of multiple branches. Some ARCHER.branchname
would work. But ...
> I think newer git even has some automated thing for documenting
> branches, but unfortunately I think we aren't all on a new-enough git
> yet. We could adopt that when we're ready.
... you probably mean "git branch --edit-description", I do not know it.
It exists even in the oldest supported Fedora (F-17) and in reality archer.git
is not in use outside of RH so I do not see a problem with --edit-description.