Re: Improved linker-debugger interface

Gary> I've attached a patch for glibc that implements its side of the
Gary> interface, designed to apply after the SystemTap support that was
Gary> added for F15, so if what I've written doesn't make sense then maybe
Gary> at least the code will!

Gary> Does this all seem ok?

It makes sense as far as I understand it.  I don't know glibc very well.
I'd suggest asking Andreas Schwab for a review.

Gary> +void
Gary> +_dl_debug_state_extended (Lmid_t ns, struct r_debug *r)
Gary> +{
Gary> +  if (r->r_state == RT_CONSISTENT)
Gary> +    {
Gary> +      LIBC_PROBE (r_debug_mod_complete, 2, ns, r);
Gary> +    }
Gary> +  else
Gary> +    {
Gary> +      LIBC_PROBE (r_debug_mod_starting, 2, ns, r);
Gary> +    }

Will 'ns' give gdb enough information to do its work in the dlmopen
case?  Or will we want gdb to have access to some other thing?  I am
wondering Lmid_t is just some internal-to-glibc cookie, where gdb will
actually want a pointer to some ld.so data structure.  I don't actually
know anything about this though.