This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Archer project.
Re: [Archer] RE: [Archer] Re: Apologies for wrong commit error
- From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- To: Pierre Muller <pierre dot muller at ics-cnrs dot unistra dot fr>
- Cc: 'Jan Kratochvil' <jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com>, archer at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2011 21:47:56 -0700
- Subject: Re: [Archer] RE: [Archer] Re: Apologies for wrong commit error
- References: <006b01cbe67d$7f308da0$7d91a8e0$@firstname.lastname@example.org><20110319214549.GA4744@host1.jankratochvil.net><20110319233114.GD2534@adacore.com><007401cbe68f$e7158490$b5408db0$@email@example.com>
> As expected in my previous email, this is not possible:
> Pierre@E6510-Muller ~/git/archer
> $ git push --force origin master
> Total 0 (delta 0), reused 0 (delta 0)
> remote: error: denying non-fast-forward refs/heads/master (you should pull
> To ssh://sourceware.org/git/archer.git
> ! [remote rejected] master -> master (non-fast-forward)
> error: failed to push some refs to 'ssh://sourceware.org/git/archer.git'
Ah, my bad. I had hoped that --force would have allowed us force
> Thus my error is written in stone forever :(
Just like it would have been with any other version control system.
We all do our best, and in the end, if the error is corrected,
I don't think it's an issue all.