This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Archer project.
RE: [Archer] Remote repository and git push command
- From: "Pierre Muller" <pierre dot muller at ics-cnrs dot unistra dot fr>
- To: "'Tom Tromey'" <tromey at redhat dot com>, "'Joel Brobecker'" <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- Cc: <archer at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 11:32:15 +0100
- Subject: RE: [Archer] Remote repository and git push command
- References: <000001cbde44$fb9fd710$f2df8530$@email@example.com> <20110309104340.GN19402@adacore.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> -----Message d'origine-----
> De?: email@example.com [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org] De la part de
> Tom Tromey
> Envoyé?: jeudi 10 mars 2011 22:51
> À?: Joel Brobecker
> Cc?: Pierre Muller; email@example.com
> Objet?: Re: [Archer] Remote repository and git push command
> Joel> I don't know what the policy is on the Archer branch, or whether
> Joel> there is one or not.
> We don't really have one.
> I don't rebase the branches I push; I do that stuff locally.
> I know others have rebased public branches, though.
> I think the important consideration is whether anybody else is likely to
> be working with you on the branch.
As I don't expect this for now,
I tried to push my locally rebased files:
$ git push --force
Counting objects: 59, done.
Delta compression using up to 4 threads.
Compressing objects: 100% (35/35), done.
Writing objects: 100% (35/35), 15.75 KiB, done.
Total 35 (delta 30), reused 0 (delta 0)
remote: error: denying non-fast-forward
you should pull first)
! [remote rejected] archer-muller-windows-multi ->
error: failed to push some refs to 'ssh://sourceware.org/git/archer.git'
What does that mean?