This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Archer project.
Re: ptrace improvement ideas (QPassSignals)
- From: Jan Kratochvil <jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com>
- To: Roland McGrath <roland at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Project Archer <archer at sourceware dot org>, Oleg Nesterov <oleg at redhat dot com>
- Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 12:31:10 +0100
- Subject: Re: ptrace improvement ideas (QPassSignals)
- References: <20110203223905.D0C77180081@magilla.sf.frob.com>
On Thu, 03 Feb 2011 23:39:05 +0100, Roland McGrath wrote:
> These are a few ideas to get the discussion started.
An idea about another simple ptrace extension - to set a set of signals which
are not interesting to GDB, like what exists in the gdbserver protocol:
`QPassSignals: SIGNAL [;SIGNAL]...'
Each listed SIGNAL should be passed directly to the inferior process.
Signals are numbered identically to continue packets and
which applies to 'nostop noprint pass' signals such as SIGCHLD by default.