This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Archer project.
Re: BUG? gdb, software watchpoints && multithreading
- From: Oleg Nesterov <oleg at redhat dot com>
- To: archer at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 20:14:30 +0200
- Subject: Re: BUG? gdb, software watchpoints && multithreading
- References: <20101012185548.GA19475@redhat.com>
On 10/12, Oleg Nesterov wrote:
> Not that I really blame gdb, without hardware support it is not
> possible to implement this 100% correctly. But I assume this is
> not what we want?
> IOW, I think that ugdb should do the following. If any thread changes
> VAR, then all threads should stop and report T05watch to gdb.
This can't help, see "Q: ugdb && watchpoints" I sent.
> Another question. watch/Z2 is always per-process, there is no
> "thread-local" watches, right?
> And the last one. If gdb sends '$Z2' to gdbserver, the running
> threads do not participate in monitoring, until gdb stops the
> thread and resumes it again, correct?