This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Archer project.
Re: gdbstub initial code, v12
- From: Oleg Nesterov <oleg at redhat dot com>
- To: archer at sourceware dot org, utrace-devel at redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2010 20:10:53 +0200
- Subject: Re: gdbstub initial code, v12
- References: <20100930182320.GA17475@redhat.com>
On 09/30, Oleg Nesterov wrote:
> Right now $G doesn't change FPU registers.
It turns out, $G can't even set the REGSET_GENERAL reg correctly.
I noticed this only because the tracee sometimes dies during the
single-stepping inside the dynamic linker. Indeed, $G passes the
wrong fs_index==0 to genregs_set().
> Next: watchpoints.
While trying to understand what does this mean, I hit another bug
in ugdb. A multithreaded tracee can "hang" if gdb simulates
watchpoints with single-steps + mem-fetch/compare. Still can't
understand why this happens, this should be resolved. This never
happens if the tracee is single-threaded.