This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Archer project.
Re: gdbstub initial code, v11
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Oleg Nesterov <oleg at redhat dot com>
- Cc: archer at sourceware dot org, utrace-devel at redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 13:09:12 -0600
- Subject: Re: gdbstub initial code, v11
- References: <20100922022226.GA27400@redhat.com>
Oleg> But what about features? What should I do next? all-stop,
Oleg> thread-specific breakpoints (currently I have no idea what
Oleg> this means), or what?
I think it would be good to implement a feature that shows how this
approach is an improvement over the current state of gdb+ptrace or
Exactly what feature this should be... I don't know :-)
I would imagine something performance-related.
There was previously some discussion about some watchpoint-related
thing, I forget the details of that.
I don't think thread-specific breakpoints are exposed outside of gdb
yet. If that is true, then implementing that would mean adding remote
protocol features and also other stuff inside gdb. So, I would suggest
not tackling this yet.