This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Archer project.
Re: gdbstub initial code, v5
- From: Oleg Nesterov <oleg at redhat dot com>
- To: archer at sourceware dot org, utrace-devel at redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 20:52:23 +0200
- Subject: Re: gdbstub initial code, v5
- References: <20100820173749.GA24358@redhat.com>
Just a small report to explain what I am doing...
On 08/20, Oleg Nesterov wrote:
> - I forgot to implement the attach to the thread group
> with the dead leader. Next time.
Almost done, but we should avoid the races with exec somehow.
But this is minor.
I tried to test this code as much as I can. Again, I do not use
gdb at all, I am using the scripts which try to really stress ugdb.
Found 2 bugs in ugdb.ko, the second one is not nice but at least
I have the temporary fix.
However. I spent all Monday trying to resolve the new bug, and
so far I do not understand what happens. Extremely hard to reproduce,
and the kernel just hangs silently, without any message.
So far I suspect the proble in utrace.c, but this time I am not sure.
Will continue tomorrow...