Re: Q: %Stop && gdb crash

On Wed, 4 Aug 2010 21:39:35 +0200
Oleg Nesterov <oleg@redhat.com> wrote:

> > I'd be curious to know if the behavior improves when you omit
> > "set target-async on" and "set non-stop".
>
> Yes, it works without target-async ;)

I think that using "set target-async on" is probably very buggy as it
is not used very often.  (Well, at any rate, I never use it.) I
recommend that you avoid it too unless you have some very compelling
reason for turning it on.

"set non-stop" is probably less buggy in spite of the fact that it's a
much more recent addition.  (The async stuff has been in GDB since
1999.) Still, I would think that using non-stop will turn up more bugs
in gdb than not using it.  So, again, I'd suggest avoiding it at least
for the early phases of your prototype.  At some point, of course,
you'll want to turn it on.

Kevin