This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Archer project.
remaining python bits
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Project Archer <archer at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 11:22:42 -0600
- Subject: remaining python bits
- Reply-to: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
Phil wanted a list of stuff from archer-tromey-python that hadn't yet
I don't remember everything, I think a merge + diff would be more
complete. Stuff I do remember:
* linespec decoder function. This is handy if you want to write certain
kinds of commands in python.
* The "-P" argument that lets you start write gdb script in Python.
* The code to let users post a Python function into the gdb event queue.
This is necessary if you want to write a multi-threaded Python app on
top of gdb. E.g., handy if you want to do GUI stuff.
* The script library. I think most of these are useful, but some
require some redesign first (e.g., new-backtrace -- there was a thread