Re: too much spew with "set verbose on"

> GDB is telling you what it is doing, so yes, it should be saying all
> this because that's exactly what it is doing.

Nonsense.  GDB is doing a thousand things it doesn't print about.
Plain "set verbose" is a normal user command for normal users, not
just for people interested in all manner of GDB internals.

"Symbols already loaded for ..." is not something GDB is doing.
It's something GDB is *not* doing.  But anyway, mostly I was referring
to the repetition of various identical messages more than once for
a single "run" command.

> We could perhaps move some of this output under separate "maintenance
> set verbose" flag, or perhaps "set print symbol-events" and "set print
> libthread_db-events" or some such.

The libthread_db events should certainly go into some maint subcommand.
I'm the libthread_db maintainer, and I don't want to see those!

Thanks,
Roland