This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Archer project.
Re: gdb index performance
- From: Jan Kratochvil <jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com>
- To: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Project Archer <archer at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 23:08:02 +0200
- Subject: Re: gdb index performance
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 21:43:02 +0200, Tom Tromey wrote:
> I also did the same tests, but including "thread apply all bt full".
Wasn't there a problem with incomplete backtraces (due to prelink) such as
shown at the top of:
> The warm cache "bt" results are particularly good (actually I thought
> something went wrong so I did this again by hand -- it really is that
Just to be sure - assuming the machine had enough RAM. # of CPUs?
"cold" on SSD storage could hopefully be more like "warm".
(i do not have SSD here.)